Harper Farms was originally formed in 1951 by Bobby and Betty Harper. In 2008, grandson Peyton Harper graduated and came back to his family business.
Harper Farms began in 1923 when Alvin H. Harper and his new wife purchased 36 acres used for vegetable farming. They later purchased an adjoining 20 acres. In 1951, Alvin’s son, Bobby Harper purchased a 45-acre farm nearby and began farming with his father, Alvin.
Since that time, Bobby has grown Harper Farms into a successful farming operation in Gibson County, growing corn, wheat, and soybeans. In 2008, Bobby’s grandson, Peyton Harper, joined the family’s farming operation and now manages the day-to-day operations.